Sunday, April 27, 2014

Starting Over Again

Hi All:

I'm proud to say that I am back running again. Due to surgery and then Bronchitis and Strep, I lost 6 months of running. Needless to say, I'm back at square one.

I wanted to post my weekly stats here because I'm pretty proud of the week I've had.

I returned to walking/running on March 20. That week I only went out walking once for 1.38 miles and 1 run for 1.15 miles. Boy, my legs felt like lead. I lost all of my conditioning.

I didn't walk again until April 6 for 1.12 miles and ran on April 18 for 1.52 miles. Last week however, I sat down and made a plan. I did my best to stick to it and I'm pleased with what I did. Here is the recap:

Sunday, walk 1.35 miles
Monday, walk 1.09 miles
Tuesday, lunch walk .89 miles, walk with daughter for 1.11 miles then ran 2.16 miles
Wednesday, rest day and legs hurt
Thursday, rest day and legs still hurt
Friday, unplanned rest day
Saturday, ran 1.93 miles in the trail

Total mileage was 8.5 miles. Average pace of 18.05 and best at 14:55 on Tuesday.

Need to add some strength training as well.

Keep pushing hard and getting healthy!

Deb

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb! Getting back on track is great!

    I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Stop by my blog to read more about it :)

    ReplyDelete